Effective Living Center, Inc., an outpatient co-occurring (substance use/mental health) disorders treatment program, is continually accepting applicants for full or part time Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) and/or Mental Health Professional (MHP) and/or dually licensed MHP/LADC for our Little Falls/St. Cloud office. Hours are flexible and scheduled Monday thru Thursday during the day with a minimum of one evenings per week until 8:00 p.m.. Fridays are optional. No weekends or holidays.
Responsibilities include the 12 core functions of an alcohol and drug counselor for the LADC, Mental Health Professionals conduct diagnostic assessments, individual and group therapy sessions. If in recovery, abstinence for two years prior is required. Must pass a criminal background check.
- Competitive Salary based on credentials and experience.
- Shift differential if working group after 5:00 p.m.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- IRA with a company match
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays including a paid birthday holiday.
- Options for Tuition reimbursement program, paid continuing education and paid licensure renewal.
- Mileage reimbursement for travel time between clinics
- Sign on/retention bonus available
Alcohol and Drug Counselor Intern
Effective Living Center, Inc., a Minnesota licensed 245G nonresidential co-occurring disorders treatment program is accepting applications for internship opportunities for students enrolled in educational programming for an Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) or Master's level social work or psychology major working towards licensure as a Mental Health Professional at either our St. Cloud or Little Falls, Minnesota locations.
Internship positions are often paid field experiences at our agency.
Hours are flexible and scheduled Monday thru Thursday
Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) intern experience includes:
- The intern will practice the 12 core functions of Alcohol and Drug Counseling in a hands-on experience at an Intensive Outpatient Program.(IOP) which treats co-occurring disorders.
- The intern will initially work in tandem with a full-time LADC and eventually complete 12 core function activities including but not limited to: comprehensive assessment, treatment planning, aftercare planning, consultation with other professionals, group and individual therapy and psychoeducation.
- The intern will demonstrate skills that benefit a therapeutic relationship including; good listening skills, compassionate, trustworthy, flexible and willing to learn.
Masters level Mental Health Professional intern:
- The intern will work under the direct supervision of a Licensed Mental Health Professional (LP, LPCC, LICSW) conducting Diagnostic Assessments, including assessing for anger management, domestic violence and/or substance use disorders, individual, family and group therapy, developing treatment plans, making referrals for psychopharmacotherapy, case management services, ARMHS workers and other needed supportive services.
- Development of treatment plans, documentation strategies to address treatment goals, writing progress notes and discharge notes.
Please Submit Your Resume for
Employment or Internship Below